To add to the exciting release week for VMware, I am happy to share that the vCenter Converter team has just released a public beta for their next upcoming 6.4 release!
If you are an existing vCenter Converter beta participant, you can head over to the vCenter Converter Beta Community https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vCenter-Converter/ct-p/5385 to download the latest release. If you wish to join the Beta program, simply register for free at https://www.vmware.com/learn/1645300_REG.html
UPDATE (05/11/23) - vCenter Converter 6.4 has officially GA'ed and can now be downloaded from HERE.
There are lots of exciting new updates with vCenter Converter 6.4 such as support for vSphere 8 and another highly requested feature is ability to convert from an Amazon EC2 instance to a vSphere-based VM! For more details, please refer to release notes which can be found HERE.
- Added support for NVMe disk controllers
- Added support for paravirtual SCSI disk controllers
- Added support for virtual machine compatibility up to hardware version 20
- Added support for VMware vCenter version 8.0 and VMware ESXi version 8.0
- Аdded support for VMware Workstation version 17 and VMware Fusion version 13
- Added conversion support for Amazon EC2 instances (from AWS EC2 to VMware vSphere or VMware Cloud on AWS)
- Added conversion support for UEFI secure boot
- Added conversion support for Microsoft VBS
- Improved the overall security of vCenter Converter